essay writing tips: do smart, not hard
20 Interesting Ideas For Literary Analysis Essay Topics
A literary analysis is when you will choose a piece of literature and write a paper analyzing it. You can formulate a thesis statement in regards to a piece of literature of your choice. You will then prove your thesis statement. The first thing that you will have to do is to find a topic for your paper. You have to make sure that the topic is relevant. Therefore, you should choose a topic that relates to a piece of literature that you read in class or that is on a reading list that your instructor gave you.
You will also want to make sure that the piece of literature that you chose was one that you enjoyed because you will probably have to read it through again. If you chose a book that you didn’t like the first time, this is just a difficult task.
- Hemingway’s “Hills like White Elephants”: Describe your thoughts on what the decision was in this story.
- Describe “The Road Not Taken” by Robert Frost.
- How has Lewis Carrol’s past affected her most famous works of art?
- What controversy arose with the publication of “All Quiet on the Western Front” by Erich Maria Remarque?
- What do the reoccurring images mean in William Faulkner’s “As I Lay Dying”?
- Compare two works by the same author.
- Compare two pieces in the same time era.
- What is your interpretation of the message in “A Rose for Emily” by William Faulkner?
- Compare Alan Schom and Robert Asprey’s interpretation of the life of Napoleon Bonaparte.
- The lengths Gatsby went to impress Daisy in The Great Gatsby.
- Analyze the poems of Langston Hughes?
- Discuss the protagonists in “Barn Burning” by William Faulkner.
- How was Pip’s life changed by Miss Havisham in Great Expectations by Charles Dickens?
- How did John Steinbeck use foreshadowing in Of Mice and Men?
- How can the writing style of Shakespeare still be understood so many years later?
- What leads Montresor to murder in the “Cask of Amontillado”?
- What does the book by Nathaniel Hawthorne’s “The Scarlet Letter” explain life in that time period?
- What does Janie learn about love in Their Eyes Were Watching God?
- What lessons are Toni Morrison trying to teach through her book Beloved?
- How does James Patterson use emotion in the Worst Case?
© PythianInternational.com. All rights reserved. | When Essay Writing Is A Breeze