20 Cause And Effect Essay Writing Prompts For Middle School
Middle school is getting more difficult with every passing year, and no longer are children in the lower grades immune from the type of assignments that once were only to be found once they reached high school. Writing an essay is hard enough -- no matter how old you are -- especially when you are new to the concept.
A cause essay will examine the why of something exists or happened. An effect essay will examine what happens as the result of a situation, choice, or event. A cause and effect essay traces the beginning of a situation and follows it through to the end with a discussion of the results of the situation.
When trying to choose a topic for your paper, make sure that it is something that you are interested in. This will make it seem a little less like work, and a little more as a fun assignment. Hopefully you will find a topic of interest in the following 20 writing prompts for cause and effect essays:
- Explain how you have been affected by peer pressure this year.
- Examine alcohol use on the rest of the family.
- Discuss the increase in school bullying.
- Examine poverty in rural areas.
- Explain the reasons for students who choose to drop out of high school.
- Discuss what makes a certain television show so popular.
- Examine why a family member or friend keeps getting into trouble.
- What happens when a new fad or craze arises.
- The appeal of rock music for teenagers.
- Friends are not always people that can be trusted.
- In certain circumstances it is justified to tell lies.
- What makes it so important to have a college education?
- Students are better behaved when they have a strictly enforced dress code as opposed to students who have no dress code.
- Who has been the biggest influence in your life?
- How will your life change, and in what ways, by continuing with your education?
- Children or classmates who misbehave during classroom time and disrupt the others.
- Teenagers run away from home every day. Most come back right away, but how are families affected by those who don't?
- What is it that makes women of a certain age tell a lie when asked how old they are?
- Explain about global warming.
- What happens when siblings have to share a bedroom.